|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Role: Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Up to £45,000
My client is a leading innovator in RF Power Technology. Their technology saves lives and keeps people safe every day within the medical, marine and defence industries. They are starting a new Quality Division and are looking for a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong understanding Supplier Quality management and Driving Improvement through a business. The SQA Engineer will identify technical problems with suppliers and implement corrective actions; increase quality reliability, use their engineering and technical skills to execute tools for calibration systems, and regulate product transition requirements.
Some of the main duties of the Quality Engineer will include:
* Report supplier performance and quality to management (Supplier Quality KPI & metrics).
* Assist in the development and implementation of supplier improvement programs using TQM methodology.
* Maintain successful relationships with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing and other key functions.
* Lead/Monitor Quality status & sampling activities (QIS).
* Verify and validate supplier capability and product/process controls are aligned with company specifications and requirements.
* Proactively manage all supplier Quality issues.
* Conduct periodic supplier audits to Contractual and Capability requirements.
* Control of the Quality strategy for selected commodities and projects, supporting the holistic Procurement sourcing strategy.
* Input and advise on all quality aspects relating to the Procurement supplier selection process.
* Act as a point of contact for internally identified product quality issues which need supplier redress. Record failures negatively impacting supplier quality and lead corrective action through to completion, liaising with relevant function (Procurement, Operations, Engineering, BU and Project Teams).
* Take immediate containment action for non-conforming product from suppliers and then follow a rigorous problem solving process, such as 8D or similar methodology, to achieve complete preventative solutions with Suppliers in order to prevent re-occurrence and roll out where applicable to prevent occurrence.
* Produce analysis reports for all concerns investigated.
* Use remote diagnostic tooling to assess supplier quality where appropriate.
* Develop underperforming suppliers using TQM methodology.
* Input quality aspects of Procurement led supplier selection process for NPI/project activity.
* Resolve supplier quality issues threatening delivery of critical path project milestones, in close liaison with Procurement.
Supplier Performance Management
* Input accurate supplier quality metrics to the Supplier Scorecard and take part in Supplier review meetings.
* Contribute to the development of the Quality function as directed by VP of Quality.
In order to be the successful Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance
* Experience in Engineering, Quality or Manufacturing
* Understanding of engineering drawings and specifications
* Proven track record of structured problem solving techniques, such as 8D and other quality tools
* Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
* Problem solving and advanced analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues
* Strong communication skills to make progress reports and present findings to the supervisor and/or stakeholders
* Open minded and able to work alone and in internal teams and external suppliers
* Results Orientation
* Prioritisation and Planning
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Qualified Lead Auditor AS9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, BS EN 18001
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or equivalent qualification
* Knowledge of Manufacturing standards
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes and methods
* Lean Six Sigma certifications beneficial
* Experience on choosing right mechanical and electrical measurement equipment
* Ability to work with data: from key business metric monitoring (PPM- FPY - Costs) takes actions at supplier level to assure continuous improvement
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to progress their career and work for a driven forward thinking company. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!