|Location: Coventry, West Midlands||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you want to be part of the future of the Automotive industry? Working on full build electric vehicles? Then please read carefully.
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join a fantastic business that manufacture Electric Vehicles. My client is a rapidly growing business that have recently moved into a purpose built manufacturing facility in Coventry with all the latest technology. They are seeking individuals with the drive, energy and capability of improving not only how they work today but to help shape their future. The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer will develop quality planning (APQP and similar) within categorised suppliers and drive progress towards 100% approved supplied parts in line with project deliverables.
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
* Act as a lead on problem solving at suppliers based on issues raised during project builds and the part approval process.
* Support supplier process development activities and conduct supplier process audits.
* Approve supplied parts/processes using PPAP criteria including Process Capability, PFMEA, ISIR and capacity verification.
* To provide and update information required for Flawless Launch glide path metrics: APQP progress, Supplier Quality targets, Logistics PFMEA plan, packaging plan and Concern tracking
* To feedback the "voice of the process" to Engineering.
In order to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Extensive background of working with suppliers.
* Determined and self-motivated with a flexible approach to different supplier types.
* Experience of working with automotive parts and supplier's desirable.
* A proven ability to be able to drive APQP/PPAP/8D problem solving/Process capability and Process Auditing.
* Established experience in an SQA role - electrical, body, trim desirable.
* Exposure to supplier process experience of automotive components where possible - emphasis on interior/exterior trim, composite body panels, electrics/electronics.
* Ability to analyse manufacturing processes and assess controls.
* Be analytical and decisive, with the ability to work autonomously at supplier sites where necessary.
* Strong communication/negotiation skills - verbal, written and electronically.
* Be a team player with a robust customer focus approach.
* HNC (min) qualified or equivalent in a Mechanical/Manufacturing/Quality Engineering discipline.
* Must expect some travel to UK, European and Asia supplier base.
* Some commercial aptitude desirable.
* Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
* Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to progress their career and work for a forward thinking organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!