|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - Competitive depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a SQA Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. They work with specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications. The company work on some fantastic unique projects that you wouldn't get to be involved with anywhere else. This SQA Engineer role is crucial to making sure suppliers are providing the best quality products they can.
Through a proactive approach to 'right first time' quality and working closely with Procurement, promote a major improvement for incoming parts from suppliers to support the drive to deliver exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs
Some of the main duties of the SQA Engineer will include:
The SQA will ensure that quality standards for all product and processes are adhered to in our supply chain, whilst working alongside our key suppliers to develop them.
* Responsible for resolving quality issues within the Supply Chain.
* Development of our key suppliers to enable them to meet our minimum expected requirements and improve their maturity level against a key set of criteria.
* Responsible for driving the closure of CA's (Corrective Actions).
* Ensure production output from our supply chain conforms to specification through audit and product assessments.
* Support the continued development of the business by leading Continuous Improvement initiatives.
In order to be the successful SQA Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance
* Bachelor's degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent level of experience.
* Experience in Engineering, Quality or Manufacturing
* Understanding of engineering drawings and specifications
* Proven track record of structured problem solving techniques, such as 8D and other quality tools
* Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
* Proficient in Problem solving methodologies (G8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* A strong leader with excellent communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
* Hands on with product, process, people and customer.
* An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer.
* Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
* UK Driving Licence
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance (need to have lived in the UK for 5 years + and ideally have a British passport or European passport)
* Qualified Lead Auditor AS9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, BS EN 18001
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or equivalent qualification
* Knowledge of Manufacturing standards
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes and methods
* Lean Six Sigma certifications beneficial
* Experience on choosing right mechanical and electrical measurement equipment
* Ability to work with data: from key business metric monitoring (PPM- FPY - Costs) takes actions at supplier level to assure continuous improvement
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join a forward-thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.