|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Bens|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Supplier Quality Engineer
£35,000 to £40,000
My client is looking for two new Supplier Quality Engineers to join their growing Supply chain team. In the role you will be responsible for Growing and developing your own network of supplier around the world. 50% of this job will be spent traveling to some of the most beautiful countries in the world where you will get to experience some of the most advanced, sophisticated and modern manufacturing sites available. If you have good problem solving skills using such tools as 8D. Root Cause, 5s etc. then please apply today.
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
* 24 day's holiday
* Annual Profit Share
* Pension Plan
* Company Share Scheme
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
* Coordinates, communicates and oversees general technical matters pertaining to suppliers, including understanding and optimizing component / material usage and up skilling suppliers to provide improved materials and services.
* Develops and executes Supplier Improvement Plans for Constant Care suppliers and supports SIPs for Critical Care suppliers.
* Provides efficient and effective solutions and Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to suppliers and / or site issue resolution, including Deviation Management, response to supplier audit issues, and customer complaints.
* Work with supplier personnel to make sure root causes are determined and corrective action is taken.
* Be an active member of the supplier's problem-solving team
* Working closely with internal manufacturing, you will provide assistance and provide advice on parts transferring externally.
* You will form strong links with our suppliers to ensure seamless product introduction and facilitate transition of parts within the supply base
* Your communication style, both oral and verbal, will allow you to promote Lean principals and allow you to train and develop suppliers in FMEA, Statistical methods and other quality tools in line with our DVI processes.
* You will maintain the DK6000 approved vendor database and other databases as required with the appropriate documented reports. You will also conduct any other duties requested which, are directly associated with the role.
In order to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* The ideal applicant will be HNC or graduate calibre and have an in-depth, working knowledge of Quality Management System implementation, ideally to recognised industry standards
* Good engineering problem solving skills
* You will be competent in the application of quality standards and procedure and have strong problem solving methods to support the business and supply base as appropriate.
* The ideal candidate will be an experienced Auditor, preferably as Lead Assessor level and you must hold a full driving licence and passport as overseas travel will be a prerequisite part of the role
* Candidates can come from any sector
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!