|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £35000 - £42000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer required to join a globally established Aerospace / Electronics company in the Gloucestershire area. The Supplier Quality Engineer will perform an assurance role in accordance with the quality requirements, with a focus on Supply Chain.
As well as ensuring that suppliers act in accordance with the quality and technical requirements of the company and its stakeholders. The Supplier Quality Engineer will assure supply chain outputs and lead the resolution processes for issues encountered.
Identify, verify, maintain and recommend quality and business improvement processes within the business and the supply chain required to maintain company quality approvals
Working closely with all levels of internal and external customers including approval authorities.
On offer for the Supplier Quality Engineer is a competitive salary + benefits package which includes:
- Annual 5% performance bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Contributed pension
- Early finish on a Friday
- Healthcare & many more
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform a Quality Assurance (QA) function throughout the complete supply chain to the company.
- Be prepared to travel to meet the requirements of the role
- Perform Quality audits/assessments as required to demonstrate effective on-going Quality management of the supply chain and that requirements are being met.
- Provide an independent monitoring function for compliance with airworthiness and customer requirements
- Support in the planning, managing and carrying out a schedule for audits, readiness reviews and assessments
- Manage completion and effectiveness of Corrective and Preventative measures
- Engage with other supply chain stakeholders (E.g. QA & Compliance team, Procurement, Supplier Development, New programs) to ensure that QA activities for Cheltenham suppliers are and coordinated and relevant.
- Support in the identification and resolution of any issues relating to items provided by suppliers across the business
- Identification and co-ordination of any investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and solutions to prevent re-occurrence
- Coordination of QA activities in relation to supplier source changes
- Ensuring that suppliers continue to demonstrate compliance to the Quality control requirements for suppliers and subcontractors procedure
- Ensuring that agreed customers quality requirements of the company and the Supply chain are identified and satisfied
- Ensuring Quality measures with associated targets are maintained for supply chain quality performance, as well as process measures at the supplier
- Provide training in Quality, Process improvement and airworthiness matters
- Completion of agreed personal and departmental objectives and initiatives
- Develop and support of a business improvement culture and associated activities e.g. process mapping, lean, etc ..
- Support in demonstrating compliance to company processes and documented procedures to ensure a robust Quality Management System is in place throughout the business
- Assist with the maintenance of company approvals e.g. EASA, FAR, ISO, etc. to maintain airworthiness
- Assist with the generation of Quality Plans and proposals
- Ensure the departmental objectives are achieved in line with the job holders individual objectives
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the goals and objectives
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will have experience in some of the following:
- Has a proven range of Quality/Business Improvement experience
- Proven experience working within a quality management system
- Trained Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and working with a supply chain
- Experience of liaising with internal and external customers
- Good communication skills demonstrated both verbally and in writing in the
- form of presentations and recommendations for improvement
- Works effectively with others
- Demonstrated experience in building good working relationships and gaining
- trust and respect with internal and external customers
- Plans work and delivers on time
- Demonstrates a "Can do" positive attitude
- Use own initiative within the scope of the role
- Makes timely decisions within the scope of the role
- Proactively able to manage own work to in order to achieve objectives
- Good application of Microsoft packages and relevant software for the role
- (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
All candidates will need to be eligible for Security Clearance