|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £52000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a market leading Aerospace & Aviation organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with experience in SAP use (intermediate skills), ability to apply advanced quality engineering principles with internal teams and suppliers and experience or knowledge of QA tools including; APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, Poke Yoke, RCCA and Control Plans.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
This level 4 Supplier Quality Engineer position can be both tactical and strategic in nature. It will include a range of tasks and objectives ensuring the operational needs of the programme are met from a tactical / assurance perspective as well as developing the interaction, output, capability and corrective actions with key suppliers. Day to day activity include but not limited to:
- Purchase Req Approval
- Supplier Certification
- Audit Management
- Internal Audit / Special Process Audit delivery
- New vendor approval
- Supplier Investigations
- Supplier Document review
- Special Process Audit Management
- Root Cause & Corrective Action support to supplier development
- Site Supplier Database review
- Supplier Communications / Development
- Ageing Metrics (Supplier Corrective Action Report Management)
- Support to Supplier Quality Workshops
What you need to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- STRONG SAP USER SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Able to lead and manage all aspects of quality assurance across a range of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Experienced Quality professional having prior successes working with System Suppliers, Build-to-Print manufacturers and Internal Design Teams.
- Ability to apply advanced quality engineering principles with internal teams and suppliers. Experience or knowledge of QA tools including; APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, Poke Yoke, RCCA and Control Plans.
- Experience of leading RCCA teams and awareness of Special processes, Failure review Board, Contract Awards to drive solutions to issues and implement robust preventative actions.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100 and AQAP-2110, and experience of auditing programmes to these standards.
- Ability to develop processes that are compliant with company processes and policies and industry quality standards.
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in Audit process & supporting QMS activity and improvements.
- Able to work effectively when either leading, or as a member of a wider team.
- Knowledge of Electrical/Electronic manufacture/production and Integration, Welding, Calibration/Metrology in the automotive or defence sector.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that applicants moving forward for this position must have obtained or be eligible for SC level clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.