|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Plans, organizes, directs and reports on all supplier quality-related activities such as raw materials, packaging materials, good manufacturing practices (GMP) service providers, as well as contract manufacturers, and/or contract manufacturing and laboratories to assure fulfillment of contract/purchase order requirements. Translates engineering, manufacturing, and quality requirements. Assures that customer quality-imposed technical requirements are adhered to by supplier and that a quality system is maintained. Conducts programs designed to improve supplier performance, productivity, and process validation. Prepares, maintains and reviews procurement quality assurance procedures to assure compliance with customer and/or government requirements. Reviews and analyzes corrective action reports and purchase orders in an effort to reduce and eliminate defects. Monitors quality control activities and systems at supplier and subcontractor facilities, and maintains feedback loops. May administer a certified supplier.
- Be able to understand most aspects of quality assurance across a range Suppliers and Sub Contractors.
- Ability to apply quality engineering principles with internal teams and suppliers. Experience or knowledge of QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, FMEA, Poke Yoke and RCCA would be of benefit
- Experience of working within RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and develop robust preventative actions.
- Knowledge of AS9100 and AQAP-2110, and potential of auditing programmes to these standards.
- Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing & integration, Welding and Special Processes in the Automotive and / or Defence sectors would be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging suppliers and manage frequent interactions with relevant LM management and other internal and external customers.
- Competent Supplier Quality Field Engineer with core SQE skills.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to follow process and make tactical decisions in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in Certificate of Conformity & Certificate of Design approval process.
- In depth knowledge and application of root cause analysis & corrective action plans.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.