|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced with an in-depth experience of managing Supplier Quality Performance within a technology company (ideally mechanical / aerospace).
What the role entails:
As the Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for Supplier Quality performance, driving root cause analysis and the on-going development of increased supplier capability. In addition, you will be establishing and developing a supplier approval system, conducting audits and ensuring adherence to Quality Management System requirements. Finally, you will establish quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials per specifications. This position is based in Dorset and will require 25% travel to suppliers mainly UK based.
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
- Work in partnership with the IPT to support the delivery of conforming products to support the business requirements
* Drive supplier non-conformance management and Root Cause Analysis
* Develop suppliers to more effectively support the business in terms of cost, quality and timeliness; implementation and monitoring improvement plans as necessary
* Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g. AS/EN 9100
* Ensure quality assurance for new and existing suppliers through audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
* Effective flow down of quality requirements to suppliers throughout the product lifecycle
* Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities
* Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and material manufacture processes in support of ongoing supplier monitoring, this will include travel within the UK and occasional travel in Europe
* Analyse, track and report discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or failure post acceptance
* Prepare documentation for inspection / test procedures
* Participate in First Article Inspections at Suppliers
* Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects
What you need to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace) - Preferred
* Experience working in a supply chain organization - Preferred
* Proven experience of driving root cause corrective / preventive action with Suppliers
* Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of quality tools and techniques including auditing
* Good technical mechanical and / or electronics engineering knowledge and the ability to read engineering drawings
* Understanding of key quality standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
* Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
* Supplier relationship management
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.