|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension, Holiday etc|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 - Competitive Salary, Pension, Holiday and a number of other benefits
Supply Chain Manager Job Overview:
To manage an efficient supply chain for a specialist Lighting Manufacturer ensuring material purchasing, stock levels and sales forecasts are aligned, to manage day-to-day relationships with our supply chain partners and to manage costs within the supply chain, ensuring that processes and systems are effective to meet our needs and deliver agreed customer service levels.
Supply Chain Manager Job Requirements:
- Production Scheduling: Planning and organising production schedules and managing the supply chain to ensure products are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overall responsibility for managing inventory, receipting and movements and stock reconciliation at the end of each period.
- Maintain stocks of materials and finished products to meet the agreed sales forecast.
- Manage all elements of supply chain costs including ocean freight, handling and storage, costs of processing and distribution.
- Manage the budget for the supply chain activities, ensuring accurate records for cost of sale/margin analysis by product and report progress against budgets.
- Work with sales, marketing and other internal teams to ensure accurate and up-to date sales forecasts reflecting any last minute changes to forecast based on business requirements.
- Monitor cost of sales with supply chain partners, with aim of reducing costs and gaining efficiencies in the supply chain, monitoring KPIs.
- Work with Marketing, Finance and other internal departments on cost of sales for new products/product development.
- Quality Assurance complaint investigations.
- Oversee third party audits.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience of a Supply Chain Manager:
- Experience in the Lighting or Electronics Industry.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience of education and applicable experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing industry including logistics and/or operations.
- Computer proficient.
- ERP experience, skilled in Microsoft Office applications and ability to view CAD files.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Sharp negotiating skills with a proven track record of successful negotiations with suppliers.
- Ability to develop good working relationships and influence decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills delivered both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to delegate ownership whilst maintaining an overview.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills which require independent and original thinking.
- Ability to focus attention and continually drive to achieve desired outcome.
- The ability to communicate with people on all levels.
- Self-motivation and excellent self-motivation skill.
If you're interested or know anyone who might be interested then please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.