|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
£50k + excellent benefit package
To manage the on-site operations of the Surfacing Division providing machine and hand lay bituminous surfacing to public and private sector customer needs and requirements. To ensure works are carried out to the required level of quality and ensure that Health and Safety systems are in place to protect the workforce and members of the public. On site management of an operationally focussed division with an annual turnover value to £20m.
- Highly successful surfacing delivery across a variety of contracts.
- Maximum quality, revenue and profitability.
- Right first time, to budget and programme delivery.
- Safe operations in line with corporate objectives.
- Supervise and manage maintenance and project work in line with requirements, budgets and timelines.
- Ensure that appropriate labour and other resources are employed to meet the operational requirements.
- Ensure all operatives, both direct and SCP's, are suitably qualified and trained for delivery activities.
- Manage costs, outputs and performance to maximise profit recovery and minimise abortive and remedial work.
- Build and manage positive relationships with Clients, customers and suppliers.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Accurate record keeping of works carried out including measure and reconciliation. In addition, on large schemes an accurate as built drawing is to be developed
- Plan, programme and manage operations to ensure that the most cost-effective methods are being utilised.
- Ensure that H&S processes and requirements are fully implemented across all operations.
- Ensuring Method Statements and Risk Assessments are carried out and, that operatives and others engaged in the delivery of site-based activities are fully briefed prior to works commencing.
- To ensure the minimum amount of waste is generated through the operations
- To report any incidents or accidents through the correct channels
- To deliver regular inductions and TBT's to site staff, both directly employed and SCP's
- Ensure all QMS forms are submitted to the Contracts Co-ordinator
- Ensure that labour, plant and material programmes are forwarded to the contracts co-ordinator in sufficient time for the requirements to be ordered
- Ensure site measures are agreed with clients to mitigate any delays with invoice payments
- Carry out regular HSEQ audits on site
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
- Relevant qualifications and certification for surfacing operations.
- Proven track record in effective management and delivery of surfacing operations.
- Full understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Understanding of highway specifications i.e. material types etc.
- Strong co-ordination and experience of surfacing activities within the urban environment.
- Drive and determination to make a difference and an understanding of the implications of a poorly run site.
- Comprehensive knowledge of surfacing industry including planning, Clients, suppliers, materials and practices. Works programming, planning and coordination ability.
- Able to run and control your own site. Costing skills would be an advantage.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.