|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 4 days ago|
I have a fantastic Opportunity for a passionate Sustaining Engineer to join a world leading Electronics Manufacturing Company based in Milton Keynes. If you have worked in a Post Development / Test Engineering role where you have also been involved with designing or redesigning components for the Electronics/Power industry then this is the role and company for you. They are a growing company with a great MD who is leading the business into very exciting times.
The successful Sustaining Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive Salary
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Career progression
Some of the main duties of the Sustaining Engineer will include:
* Act as the first point of escalation for database support to the 24x7 operation of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
* Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line database support, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment.
* Installation, administration & maintenance of SQL Server instances.
* Setup environments for use within the end to end software delivery lifecycle.
* Create users & assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.
* Define, design & implement control procedures to maintain "fit for use" access model.
* Continuous improvement of database backup and restoration strategy.
* Monitoring of backup completion and continuous improvement identification.
* Troubleshoot various problems arising in day-to-day work and fix these issues.
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in electronics or related discipline.
* Three years' experience in analogue electronics, preferably power electronics.
* Have a sound theoretical understanding of analogue electronics.
* Have experience of conducting laboratory based testing and have an understanding of measurement techniques.
* Be willing to travel worldwide as required.
* Have knowledge of manufacturing methods used in the electronics industry.
* Have experience of working with defined project costs.
* IT literate.
* Able to work in a team effectively while being self-motivated.
* Be a proactive and good communicator to drive projects to timely completion.
* Knowledge of active and passive electronic components used in electronic power converters. (Desirable)
* Familiar with modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DC/DC converters up to 100W.
* Three years' previous experience in a similar role, Sustaining Engineering, post-development support, failure analysis, Test, Design etc.
* Experience of failure analysis tools and techniques.
* Experience designing electronic components for volume manufacturing.
* Knowledge of UL safety standards.
* Understanding of TQM tools, such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, fault trees, etc.
* Formal Six-Sigma qualification.
* Knowledge of Automotive qualification standards (AEC) and tin whiskering phenomenon.
* Awareness of latest industry environmental directives such as RoHS, REACH and Halogen free.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Sustaining Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!