|Location: Glasgow, Scotland||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 22 days ago|
SWS Field Engineer
SWS Field Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Glasgow who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded SWS Field Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in engineering, and have a keen interest in weapons systems engineering. If you are EX Royal Navy that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the SWS Field Engineer will include:
- Engineering support to the Installation & Commission (I&C) of SWS Equipment
- Conduct reviews and update I&C documentation to meet customer project requirements
- Provide technical oversight to installation sub-contractors
- Provide technical support to visiting US Training Hardware Contractors (THC)
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on SWS Equipment in TTF and the waterfront.
- Work as a fully integrate member of the Trainer Equipment Team.
- Assist department manager and engineers in their tasks to ensure customer needs are met.
- Attend required training as assigned and directed by the personal training profile.
What experience you need to be the successful SWS Field Engineer:
- Excellent working knowledge of the Strategic Weapons Training System (SWTS).
- Excellent working knowledge of the interface between SWTS & Facility Ancillary Equipment
- Experience and knowledge of the respective individual systems comprising the SWS
- Good working knowledge of SWS documentation
- Knowledge of the SWS Logistics process
- Clear and concise written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as having the ability to communicate effectively, formally and informally, with a wide range of people including project team members, subcontractors and suppliers through to high level customer representatives.
- Be IT literate in the most common PC based systems
- Be flexible and adaptable while still maintaining good attention to detail
- Have evidence of ability and willingness to adapt within a dynamic environment
- Be enthusiastic, motivated, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a SWS Field Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.