|Location: Cumbria, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 8 days ago|
SWS Field Engineer
SWS Field Engineer needed for a leading Defence company based in Cumbria. They are looking to employ an experienced SWS Field Engineer, who has experience within SWS (Strategic Weapon Systems), Vanguard class Trident Submarines and working knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems and support equipment.
What the role entails:
What the SWS Field Engineer's role entails:
The successful candidate will be required to work as an integral member of the company's team supporting the Strategic Weapons Test Organisation. This combined team will be responsible for the build, test and commissioning of the Strategic Weapon System being installed in the new Dreadnought Class submarines. The company's personnel post will provide extensive and in depth SWS experience supporting of the testing, commissioning and setting to work of the Strategic Weapons System.
The role will primarily involve testing, commissioning and setting to work of the Strategic Weapons Navigation Sub-System on the new Dreadnought submarines.
What you need to be the successful SWS Field Engineer:
In order to be the successful SWS Field Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Thorough working knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems and support equipment
- Good working knowledge of Navigation/Platform interfaces
- Proficient experience of Microsoft Office Software suite
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships with the confidence to debate technical issues with both Customer and Design Authority
- Pro-active approach to providing solutions to emergent challenges
- Excellent fault-finding skills and knowledge of sound fault-finding techniques
- Ability to take ownership of tasks as delegated
- Have first rate customer interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Possess a willingness to conduct detached travel whilst undergoing specialist tailored training and experiential learning opportunities. This may include periods on secondment throughout the UK or to the US.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Education & Experience:
A minimum of (or working towards) HNC in electronics is required; or will have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of Test and Commissioning activities in a shipbuilding environment
- Experience of working on the specific SWS Navigation subsystem.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a SWS Field Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the SWS Field Engineer, you must be eligible for SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.