|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
SWS Field Engineer (Navigation)
SWS Field Engineer needed to join my client on a permanent basis.
What the role entails:
The successful candidate will be required to work as an integral member of the team supporting the Strategic Weapons Test Organisation (SWTO) at BAE Maritime Submarines in Barrow-in-Furness. This combined team will be responsible for the build, test and commissioning of the Strategic Weapon System being installed in the new Dreadnought Class submarines. Personnel post will provide extensive and in depth SWS experience supporting of the testing, commissioning and setting to work of the Strategic Weapons System.
- Thorough working knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems and support equipment
- Good working knowledge of both 1st and 2nd level Navigation documentation
- Good working knowledge of Navigation/Ship interfaces
- Proficient experience of Microsoft Office Software suite
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships with the confidence to debate technical issues with both Customer and Design Authority
- Pro-active approach to providing solutions to emergent challenges
- Excellent fault-finding skills and knowledge of sound fault-finding techniques
- Ability to take ownership of tasks as delegated
- Have first rate customer interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Possess a willingness to conduct detached travel whilst undergoing specialist tailored training and experiential learning opportunities. This may include protracted periods on secondment throughout the UK or to the US.
- Experience of Test and Commissioning activities in a shipbuilding environment
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a SWS Field Engineer to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!