|Location: City of London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 11 days ago|
SysOps / DevOps Engineer - London
The Engineer will be responsible for managing the build and deployment of the project, through all environments. They will contribute to key components and shared common services; undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services.
SysOps Engineer skills required to build Dev environment, configure infrastructure.
System provisioning & automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening.
Overall responsibility for the projects Linux infrastructure in relation to common standards.
Responsible for the health and upkeep of the critical services.
Active on remediating any knowledge gaps between Developers and Operations Engineers.
Automation of Linux, providing frictionless access to services to the rest of the Engineering organisation.
Working alongside other engineers, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle.
Working within security architecture guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience of installation and management of hardware (servers, storage, routers etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with Docker, Postgres, and installation and management containers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Git, Gitlab.
- Experience of setting up secured infrastructure within AWS (EC2s), RDS, VPCs, Subnets, Security Group, VPN Access, 2FA.
- Experience of setting up the CI/CD pipeline within AWS.
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: python, go, BASH.
- Knowledge of IDS, HIDS, NIDS and security hardening.
- Experience and knowledge of GNU/Linux.
- Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet/Ansible).
- Experience of designing and building the infrastructure in a data centre.
- Experience of windows server installation, management, patching, domain controller and HyperV.
- Experience of Vmware, creating, deploying virtual machines via Vmware on bare metal. Installing and setup windows and ubuntu virtual machines.
- Experience deploying, profiling, and debugging distributed systems
- Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services.
- Experience of IP Networking and physical networks.
- Experience of configuring and managing ELK.
- Fluent in English and have good communication skills in order to discuss high level requirements with stakeholders, as well as have low level technical discussions as required.
- Experience of installing, patching, managing Postgresql database clusters.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.