|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
System Architect (Testing)
System Architect (Testing) required to join one of the world's largest defence companies as part of their maritime programme. The System Architect (Testing) will have ownership of enterprise wide initiatives. They shall plan, implement, test, document and maintain enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products.
The System Architect (Testing) will be responsible for developing, implementing and leading I&T practices and processes across the business area which are scalable to the expanding business needs.
On offer for the System Architect (Testing)
- Competitive salary
- Extensive training and the chance to progress career
- Contributed pension
- 9 day working fortnight
The System Architect (Testing) will report to the Engineering Leadership Team and be under the general direction of the Integration and Test Manager.
* Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
* Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
* Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
* Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
* Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
* Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases
Required skillset for the System Architect (Testing):
* Ability to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
* Experience of integrating complex systems
* Experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
* Experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
* Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards and sub-contracting testing to these.
* Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation techniques for validation
* Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88 desirable
Desired skillset for the System Architect (Testing):
* Experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools
* Model based Engineering
* Experience of Software Testing (ISTB qualified)
* Experience with JIRA
* Familiar with DOORS
* Familiar with Defect reporting and tracking systems
* MODAF/DODAF desirable.
The System Architect (Testing) MUST be eligible for Security Clearance (SC).
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.