|Location: Stratford, London||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 25 days ago|
System Data Analysis and Test Engineer
My client based near London, is looking for a System Data Analysis and Test Engineer. Ideally have strong Python and automated test tool knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a background in Software and Hardware, with configuration experience, ideally with Raspberry Pis or similar.
For this they are offering a salary of £50,000-£55,000 + some amazing benefits
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Work within the Integration Verification Validation and Qualification group as a specialised System Data Analysis and Test Automation Engineering Lead. This will be on the 4 Lines Modernisation programme, which will upgrade a large part of London Underground's signalling system, ensuring that the tube network has sufficient capacity to meet London's future needs. This is a dynamic and exciting role on an important national infrastructure programme. The introduction of modern equipment into the world's oldest metro presents interesting challenges. As such, this role offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of technical issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for both short term and long term tasks. Ad hoc short term small projects will require rapid problem solving and data analysis. They will use software engineering and other engineering/technical skills to specify, design, build, validate, and maintain bespoke tools to support IVVQ tasks. Longer term, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing direction and maturing the IVVQ team's tools and methodologies. They will act as the main technical interface for the team with a big data analytics project.
The successful candidate will control various bespoke tools from inception to decommissioning, including any tools that are developed by the rest of the IVVQ team or third parties. This does not include COTS or open source tools, but they will be expected to assist in tool selection.
As this is a new role to the IVVQ group, this is a great chance for someone to help us mature and grow. The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership as part of a larger integration and testing effort, which is expected to include:
- Developing strategies for the automation and analysis of integration and test efforts.
- Long term and sustained leadership of tools and automation within the IVVQ team, including code quality and software configuration management
- Driving innovation, challenging and improving the current IVVQ methodologies and/or procedures.
- Mentorship and teaching of colleagues in tool and automation development.
Skills, experience and qualifications needed:
- Proven ability to problem solve with domain experts and rapidly build software solutions.
- Strong team player
- Ability to fully architect solutions that may require simple hardware designs integrating a Single Board Computer (Raspberry Pi or similar) or other devices
- Solid understanding of IP networks.
- Software specification, design, build, and management skills.
- Strong version and configuration management skills.
- Python, Perl, C#, database skills.
- Experience of PowerShell and Bash scripting is desirable
- Experience of cloud services is desirable
- System engineering or software engineering background.
- Experience of working in or interfacing with agile software processes is desirable
- Testing & Commissioning experience.
- Engineering Degree (Software or Electrical Preferred) or equivalent
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.