|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Salary dependant on experience
My client is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Systems Engineer at their facility based in Oxfordshire, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind's continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for their missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in the companies' Asia Office and may be required to travel to Asia as needed in support of projects and operations. This company can offer you very exciting and ground breaking projects to work on while working with passionate like minded engineers. Don't miss out on this!!
- Flexible working
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- UK/EU relocation package available
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Development of spacecraft mission and system design including requirements derivation and CONOPS definition.
- Performing mission analysis and modelling of spacecraft missions.
- Trade-off and control platform systems budgets e.g. mass, power, data, fuel.
- Production of mission-level test and verification plans.
- Production of mission-level FMECA, FTA and FDIR.
- Performing rapid feasibility studies into different scenarios and architectures.
- Assisting with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
- Maintaining configuration control of systems work and documentation.
- Working with and guiding a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of projects.
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Essential Skills & Experience
- Diploma; BSc or MSc degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of the systems and project engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification, including experience of leading or planning for project review gates in satellite engineering e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.
- Experience in mission and systems architecture definition and CONOPS, especially understanding of both space and ground segment interaction.
- Experience in phase-0 or feasibility studies in satellite engineering where many solutions may be traded off in a rapid timeframe.
- Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations.
- Experience in the development of systems engineering documentation working with a Project Manager as needed: requirements, CONOPS, review gate materials, test and verification plans / procedures, DDVP, ICDs, equipment lists, FMECA & FTAs
- Knowledge of the AIT process: manufacture, assembly, functional and environmental testing.
- A basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit maintenance or servicing.
Desired Skills & Experience
- An understanding of, project management, procurement, bid support, manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering techniques and tools, with experience of SysML and NoMagic Cameo considered a specific asset.
- Knowledge of commonly used engineering and modelling packages (e.g. ModelSim, Matlab, STK) and/or coding and scripting languages (e.g. Python) applied to real world engineering applications.
- Knowledge of debris removal including: licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- Knowledge of past missions of relevance: RemoveDebris, CleanSpace / ESA projects e.g. e.DeOrbit, DEOS, ATV, ETS-7.
- Whilst the working language across all divisions is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.