|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Systems Engineering Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus and Benefits Package
West Sussex (Gatwick area)
To lead the engineering activities (Systems, HW, SW) required to develop the TopSky ATC product and deliver to Air Traffic Management systems based on the product to individual customers. This will involve working with other System Engineering Managers and Project Managers to plan project work.
TopSky ATC is an Air Traffic Management system with over 60 systems operational worldwide which continually evolves. Most projects involve implementing minor changes (ECRs) to the standard product to meet specific customer needs.
The person performing this role will therefore need a period of adjustment and training to gain a detailed understanding of the product.
*We are open to speaking to Systems Engineers that do not have ATM experience but have Aerospace / Aviation or Defence sector knowledge.*
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the TopSky ATC C solution engineering activities. This is very much a 'hands on' role, demonstrating good practice to the TopSky team.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, plan the engineering activities on the TopSky product and projects.
- Identify the engineering skills needed to ensure TopSky Project / Product delivery
- Ensure the Engineering Performance initiatives of its Domain are properly deployed on TopSky
- Defines the system development cycle and defines the process, practices and tools applicable to the product / project
- Ensures the key people appointed on the Bid / Project / Product are correctly skilled
- Provide commitments to the project including satisfaction of stakeholders requirements within constraints provided by the Architect and the Project Design Authority.
- Optimises technical work by organising System Engineering reviews and participating to those of lower level solution elements from design to validation and acceptance.
- Tracks competitiveness KPI, performs root cause analysis of problems and conducts associated corrective actions at the appropriate level
- Contributes to the Quality Assurance activities by collecting relevant metrics
Skills, experience and qualifications needed:
- Hands on' Team Leadership with great interpersonal skills.
- Experience of the full systems / software engineering lifecycle - The team is a multi-skilled team and there are opportunities to be involved in various aspects of the design process.
- Proven experience of Systems Engineering on predominately software driven engineering projects
- Use of CM tools such as DOORS, JIRA, SVN or GIT working in an Agile development environment
- Use of MS Office tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills