|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
System Integration/Test Engineer
System Integration/Test Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced System Integration/Test Engineer with experience of Systems Integration and Testing throughout the whole lifecycle of Military/MoD projects
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the System Integration/Test Engineer will include:
- Providing and contributing to Test activities to all Integrated Solutions programmes on I&T System level tasking
- Ensuring that Test procedures are developed in line with the system requirements and to the standards required by the I&T processes
- Ensuring that Test documentation is delivered to schedule and available for Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), and consistent across all Integrated Solutions programmes.
- Ensuring that Test execution is completed to cost & schedule
- Effectively managing the System level I&T team to ensure maximum efficiency in running test, finding and diagnosing faults
- Investigation of complex system level faults found through test
- Monitoring and progressing fix development & embodiment
- Ensuring I&T processes for fault reporting and investigation complied with
- Producing, collecting and reporting appropriate metrics showing progress
- Using Metrics to guide decisions and for management reporting
What you need to be the successful Systems Integration/Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Integration/Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable test experience across the full test lifecycle. With a track record of delivery in complex, challenging, cutting edge test environments, with specific focus on Software test activity.
Commitment & teamwork:
- Disciplined, logical and flexible work approach
- Work effectively as part of a team, seeking timely management direction & guidance, peer counsel and team advice, exercising tact and diplomacy, and promoting enthusiasm, innovation and effective, positive inter-personal relationships
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrated understanding of customer needs and in-house processes
- Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communications
- Good analytical skills
Experience of Airborne Mission Systems and Training Systems development beneficial, in addition to being able to demonstrate:
- Experience of MOD projects.
- Experience of system integration testing
- ISTQB accreditation
- Experience of DOORS
- Experience of Jira
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Integration/Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.