|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £35 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
System Integration / Test Engineer
System Integration / Test Engineer required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This System Integration / Test Engineer will need to come from a defence related environment.
The successful System Integration / Test Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Contract rate up to £50/hour depending on experience
- 9 day working fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- Initial 6 month contract with strong likelihood of extension
- The chance to work on large maritime projects alongside the Royal Navy
The System Integration / Test Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of System level I&T for all Military Solutions programmes. The role is to ensure consistency across all Integrated Solutions programmes, with assignments to discrete programmes tasks as needed.
Key responsibilities for the System Integration / Test Engineer include:
- Providing and contributing to Test activities to all Integrated Solutions programmes on I&T System level tasking
- Ensuring that Test procedures are developed in line with the system requirements and to the standards required by the I&T processes
- Ensuring that Test documentation is delivered to schedule and available for Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), and consistent across all Integrated Solutions programmes.
- Ensuring that Test execution is completed to cost & schedule
- Effectively managing the System level I&T team to ensure maximum efficiency in running test, finding and diagnosing faults
- Investigation of complex system level faults found through test
- Monitoring and progressing fix development & embodiment
- Ensuring I&T processes for fault reporting and investigation complied with
- Producing, collecting and reporting appropriate metrics showing progress
- Using Metrics to guide decisions and for management reporting
Any candidates applying for this role will need to be able to cover the following:
- The engineer should be able to function well within a team, interfacing with the Test manager, Integration and Test team lead and team members from both the internal test organisations and from the customer. The engineer should be familiar with estimating and recording time and resource against planned testing and for co-coordinating test assets.
- Demonstrable test experience across the full test lifecycle. With a track record of delivery in complex, challenging, cutting edge test environments, with specific focus on Software test activity.
- Commitment & teamwork:
- Disciplined, logical and flexible work approach
- Work effectively as part of a team, seeking timely management direction & guidance, peer counsel and team advice, exercising tact and diplomacy, and promoting enthusiasm, innovation and effective, positive inter-personal relationships
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrated understanding of customer needs and in house processes
- Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communications
- Good analytical skills
This candidate will need to be eligible for SC clearance because of the projects they will be involved with (British passport only).
System Integration / Test Engineer
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.