|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £55000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Systems Safety Assurance Engineer
£55,000 - £75,000 plus an excellent benefits package
This Systems Safety Assurance Engineer post is with a fantastic globally recognised name in many different sectors including Rail, Aerospace, Defence and Cyber Secutiity
This post is withm the Rail section on the UK network, they deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications systems, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and even road networks.
System Safety Assurance Engineer duties:
Support the Rail Technical Safety and Systems Assurance function to undertake and deliver the required Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) analyses for Projects/Products, in accordance with Project/Product requirements and Customer requirements.
The role will provide support to Functional Advisors ensuring that processes are applied consistently and to the required quality across all of the Technical Safety area.
The key objectives of this System Safety position are:
- Coordinate and lead packages of safety and assurance work, to build confidence that the system's technical solutions will meet all of the specified requirements through controlled, appropriate and effective processes and procedures;
- To provide technical expertise on the system's solution, and provide technical support, guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team;
- To undertake the required assurance assessments on the projects to ensure the system's technical solution is safe and fit for purpose.
The role covers all life cycle stages of projects including:
Requirements identification and traceability;
Integration and Testing;
Commissioning and handover.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Providing Technical Safety and RAMS support to the key roles of the Project according to the Customer requirements
- Undertaking all Technical Safety and RAMS engineering activities throughout the Project or Product lifecycle, from the specification to the acceptance of the product
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) allocation for systems/subsystems and process validation
- Performing all Technical Safety and RAM Analyses and ensuring their traceability throughout the Project/Product life cycle
- Managing the approval of the Technical Safety and RAM Demonstration
- Participation in and management of the Safety Design Reviews undertaken throughout the lifecycle of the Project
- Managing Safety Assessments and Audits undertaken throughout the lifecycle of Projects
- Coordinating and Supporting new bids
- Providing Support for Engineering Safety accident/ incident reporting and investigation
Skills, experience and qualifications needed:
- Knowledge of Technical Safety and RAM engineering techniques, methods and tools
- Ability to write accurate and detailed reports
- Ability to chair meetings and make decisions
- Able to undertake independent investigations and gather required evidence/facts
- Engineering Safety/RAMS Engineering and/or Systems Assurance background
- Formal training or supervised work in applying Technical Safety and RAM Engineering techniques, methods and tools
- Proven experience of undertaking FMECA and Technical Safety and RAM Assessments
- Proven experience of involvement in hazard identification / risk assessment workshops
- Ability to use RAM Tools such as Isograph FaultTree+ and Availability Workbench (or AvSim+)
- Ability to effectively communicate and report, in both verbal and written English, to colleagues and customers on highly technical matters
- Degree-level qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.