|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 9 days ago|
System Safety Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
Aerospace / Defence Sector - UK Security Clearance required.
System Safety Engineer required by one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world that deliver innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering and have an annual, turnover of more then £1bn.
We require a System Safety Engineer to work within the Cambridge base. The successful candidate will report directly to the Safety Manager and should be able to work proficiently as an individual or team player, be enthusiastic, resourceful and have strong communication skills.
The System Safety Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing System Safety guidance to all engineering staff
- Ensuring Safety output conforms to company and regulatory policy
- Promoting Safety awareness throughout the design development lifecycle
- Co-ordinating the Safety activities within assigned projects
- Supporting and promoting a positive Safety culture
- Advising the Safety Manager of project Safety related matters
You must have a good knowledge of;
Design and Safety Management lifecycles and associated System Safety Engineering processes;
System Safety Assessments; the Safety argument/Safety case philosophy; risk and goal based methods and Safety analysis tools and techniques including as a minimum FHA, CCA and FTA.
Degree level education or equivalent in an aerospace engineering discipline with proven experience in Safety and Certification of Military and/or Civil aircraft;
Be familiar with air domain regulations and guidance including CS25, Defence Standards 00-56, 00-970 and ARP4761;
Have experience in the use of GSN, hazard logs and safety tools, as well as being proficient in the use of Microsoft office software applications.
On offer alongside this great role are the following benefits:
- Competitive salary around £40,000 - £50,000
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Access to a healthcare plan
- An excellent flexible benefit scheme
· Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.