|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Bens|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Lead System Safety Engineer Staff
Portsmouth / Fareham / Gosport / Fareham commutable.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Excellent Benefits
This System Safety Engineer post is with a leading Defence prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and alsdo civil sectors.
They are a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
This position is to lead and implement the safety programme for major UK Defence projects for which our client is the Prime Contractor. The programmes include technology enhancements to aircraft, training systems, ground preparation/analysis systems and support infrastructure.
Lead the Safety Programme as directed by the leadership team, and the Chief System Safety Engineer.
Undertake the following tasks:
Develop Safety Management Plans, including sub-contractor/supplier interfaces.
Conduct Safety Assessments such as Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Sub System Hazard Analysis, Functional safety assessment, Occupational and Operating Hazard Analysis.
Derive safety requirements, including integrity requirements.
Document System level safety arguments, Safety Cases and Safety Reports
Review subcontractor safety documents.
Chair Project Safety Committees and supporting Safety Review Meeting and Technical Interface Meetings
Conduct Zonals and physical safety audits.
Demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
Recent, relevant experience of implementation of safety programmes in a prime contractor/systems integration environment.
- UK and EU safety related legislation (e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act)
- Environmental legislation and management systems (eg. ISO14001 etc.)
- Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def Stan 00-56, Def-Stan 00-55, Mil Std 882, IEC61508, JSP 430)
- Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS)
- Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS)
- Safety Case development using the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
- Hazard Management using eCassandra
- Event Tree and Fault Tree development using Reliability Work Bench
The Lead System Safety Engineer will display the following attributes:
* Be able to work on the task associated with the overall function without placing an excessive burden on the practitioner or expert.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
* Be a team player
Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Application of the required skills in an military aircraft environment
- An understanding of the implication of derived safety requirements, including integrity requirements assigned to programmable elements
- Understanding of the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles as they apply to Rotary Aircraft, in particular the RA 1200 series
- Understanding Def-Stan 00-970, and its application to Rotary platforms