|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
System Safety Engineer
Clearance Required SC
£50,000 - £60,000 + Flexi-Working +Benefits
Our client is a rapidly changing dynamic organisation in business areas focussing on Military Vehicles, Special Projects and Military Mission Support. They provide a variety of products and services to the MoD as well as other customers.
We are looking for talented individuals in System Safety Engineering to join an established team of likeminded experts.
- The System Safety Engineer will generate Safety Cases for various programmes and projects as required. You will review product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Independently analyse and recommend safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Develop safety documents to support customer and test/operational range requirements.
- Perform audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of system safety program.
- Participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assist in identification of causes and corrective actions.
- Evaluate the interrelationship of System Safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost-effective program.
Specific Job Description
Evolve / review safety designs for products, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishment of safety requirements for assigned systems.
Experience of Ordnance.
Focus on directing members of the team to meet critical schedules, resolution of complex technical and operational performance problems.
Participation within projects in establishing the content and degree of support required for each Project.
Development of acceptable risk criteria from first principles.
Development of Independent analysis and mitigation identification to control or eliminate hazards.
Development of definition and deliver hazard identification and hazard analysis requirements using appropriate hazard analysis types and techniques.
Development and delivery of appropriate ALARP strategies.
Development and delivery of safety management of potentially hazardous trials.
Development and delivery of safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements.
Participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions.
Evaluate the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Qualified to degree or equivalent standard in an engineering subject or equivalent experience/combined education with professional experience; or professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Proven experience in a safety-associated role, preferably in a defence related industry. That experience to include the determination and allocation of SILs.
Detailed understanding and experience of UK, US and EEC Safety Legislation.
Experience with IT based toolsets common to the system safety discipline.
The role will require the candidate to have good verbal and written skills.