|Location: Dorchester, Dorset||Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Systems Safety Engineers / Safety Consultants / Senior Safety Consultants
Bristol, West Midlands, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire, Glasgow, Warrington.
Salary: £40,000 - £65,000 + Bonus and Benefits, dependent on experience
Industries: Nuclear, Defence, Rail or Aerospace.
We are currently recruiting new System Safety Engineers with all levels of experience right through to Senior Safety Consultants to join a dynamic team in an exceptional consultancy. These exciting opportunities offer you the chance to utilise your technical skills to make a contribution to a wide range of safety projects in different industry sectors.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in one or more of the following industries - Nuclear, Defence, Aerospace, Rail, Automotive, Oil and Gas or Energy. Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a consultancy environment.
You will provide project management and technical contribution to Safety Case development for major projects undertaken by our safety teams.
The successful candidates should have a degree in a relevant discipline and a proven track record with knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
- Safety Case Development
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)/Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Failure Modes and Effects (Criticality) Analysis (FMECA)
- Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Safety Management System Development
- Safety Planning
- Independent Safety Audit / Assessment
- Hazard identification and analysis (e.g. HAZOP/SWIFT)
- Risk Assessment
You will have experience in some of the standards in common use in your industry such as:
- Common Safety Method (CSM) (or the Yellow Book)
- Defence Standard 00-56
- MoD POSMS
- JSP standards
- MAA Regulatory Publications
- EASA Certification Standards (and CS 25-1309 in particular)
- Technical Standards for Interoperability (TSIs)
- IEC 61508
- CENELEC 50126. 50128 and 50129
The more senior roles will also require experience of leading Safety Engineering consultancy projects and tenders.