|Location: Essex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
System Test Engineer
System Test Engineer needed for a market leading aerospace and defence technology organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced System Test Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of high-power electrical distribution, power electronics, inverters, high voltage techniques, RF systems and control management, competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool, and experience of electronic and mechanical assembly techniques.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the System Test Engineer will include:
- Produce test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
- Understand the technical concepts and practical applications of systems architecture. In particular, sub-system interfacing (including high voltage / high power connectivity), control principles and RF systems and measurement.
- Evaluate prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems - to ensure they meet original design criteria by identifying and selecting the appropriate test methodologies. Feedback results to project and management teams producing accurate and timely reports.
- As part of the development team, identify key risks and appropriate mitigation by developing effective networks with other team members and key support functions to drive a prompt resolution to problems.
- Assist in supporting documentation capture so that new product introduction transfers to a production environment seamlessly.
What you need to be the successful System Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful System Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC / HND / degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent experience working within a professional engineering development environment
- Good understanding of high-power electrical distribution, power electronics, inverters, high voltage techniques, RF systems and control management
- Familiarisation with electrical, electronic and RF measurement techniques and experience in the use of associated equipment for the purposes of testing, evaluating and fault diagnostics
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Writing system test plans, sub system level test plans, FAT & SAT.
- Fluent with risk assessment processes
- Familiarity with high voltage systems and safe working practices
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool
- Able to undertake technical work packages with minimal supervision
- Experience of electronic and mechanical assembly techniques
- Familiarity with selection and use of laboratory test equipment and measurement techniques
- This position may on occasions require UK and overseas travel which may be customer facing
- BS clearance and eligible to obtain SC clearance
Desirable knowledge and experience of a System Test Engineer are as followed:
- Knowledge of magnetrons, klystrons, SSA's and TWT's an advantage
- City &Guilds 2392 or 2395 (formerly 2391) Inspection and Testing qualification
- BS7671 Wiring Regulation qualified (C&G 2382-12 or equivalent)
- IPC J-STD-001 soldering certification
- Mechanical design and CAD capture to company drawings standards
- Demonstrate able experience of Live Test & Inspection work
- Appreciation of the product development life cycle and product verification processes
- An appreciation of electrical (including 'fail safe' design methodology), ionising radiation, non-ionising radiation and electromagnetic safety requirements
- Familiarisation of equipment thermal management cooling systems (water / Glycol / forced air) and associated monitoring
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the System Test Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.