|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 26 days ago|
IT Systems Administrator required for my client, a globally recognised organisation within engineering, based in Oxford!
Ideally candidates will have experience managing and administering Hosted Services (including remote access), as well as performing IT operations and maintenance in a Windows environment.
The business are looking for a IT Systems Administrator with the experience to take responsibility and care for their hosted services and internal business infrastructure whilst being able to innovate and update the current offering as new programmes/software updates/technologies become available.
On offer for this IT Systems Administrator position is a competitive salary, to be discussed upon application. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Key skills required for IT Systems Administrator position:
- Experience of running and maintaining MS Windows® environments.
- Experience of hosted services, remote operation and supporting web hosted SAAS
- Working knowledge of SQL, Apache, scripting & remote monitoring tools
- Ability to identify, diagnose and rectify IT issues
- Ability to research and implement relevant technical solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, learn and teach within a team of mixed skill levels.
- Existing or eligibility for SC clearance
- Ability to travel
Key Responsibilities for IT Systems Administrator:
- Responsibility for our hosted service & application infrastructure, supporting our client and internal facing hosted systems across multiple geographies.
- Performing IT operations and maintenance in accordance to approved procedures and standards, including security auditing and patching.
- Supporting the implementation of programs and procedures that ensure the safety of our data/information and safety in the Information Technology operations.
- Executing and supporting local installations of our products, AWARD and ADVANCE
- Identifying operational IT problems and seeking resolutions without impacting the end users
- Keeping abreast of developments in industry regarding IT operations and maintenance
- Work alongside the development and support teams to become an expert in the use and support of the AWARD and ADVANCE products, working towards becoming the ultimate point of technical escalation.
- Internal Helpdesk support
- External Helpdesk support cover (equivalent to 2nd/3rd line support)
- Flexibility to perform other duties, as and when required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
All applicants for this IT Systems Administrator position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please press 'apply now'.