|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £30 - £40 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 18 days ago|
6 month contract
Systems Administrator needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Administrator with an in-depth knowledge of IBM Big Fix, software configuration, address directory building, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Administrator will include:
- Supporting RM in Inland and Foreign address data maintenance.
- Ensure the PAF/RADB directory generation process is documented and maintained
- Support the testing of RADB directories and assist in the monitoring of Performance improvements
- Ensure the PAF/RADB directory generation cycle includes Performance fixes where appropriate
- Ensuring that the servers used to created directories are properly maintained and supported. Informing support groups of any issues with these servers.
- Creating new address directories as required
- Working in conjunction with the company subject Matter experts to improve Delivery point performance
- Take an active role with the scripting of Performance enhancements where appropriate
- Working in conjunction with the company subject Matter experts to monitor Delivery point and directories performance
- Producing ad hoc reports when required
- Continually improving the level of service provided by revisiting processes and procedures and updating them as required.
Support the Technical Configuration team (when required) -
- Working a flexible week to manage the system software configuration
- Ensuring that configuration files received from mail centres and customer configuration team are distributed in a fault free and timely manner
- Monitoring system and software configuration regularly to ensure consistency
- Preparing software for distribution using the software distribution management tool
- Distributing revised versions of software to supported systems as required in a repeatable and fault free manner using the software distribution management tool
- Preparing and distributing configuration files for use with new levels of the company supplied software using the software distribution management tool
- Distributing new address directories as required using the software distribution management tool
- Supporting Integration and Test effort within the Open Source Laboratory.
- Troubleshooting application errors for configuration and software level problems.
- Advising first level support of any changes in system behaviour when new Customer Furnished Information (CFIs) are deployed.
- Advising development and support teams of best methods for implementing future software and configuration changes to the field.
- Ensure all documentation is compliant to ISO 20000 requirements
- Ensure all processes are adhered too and Governance requirements met
- Ensure audit trail of all activities are maintained to meet requirements of the ITIL® v3 framework
What you need to be the successful Systems Administrator:
In order to be the successful Systems Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows
- Perl® scripting
- Working knowledge of AIX Unix environment including shell scripting skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle databases
- Experience of software distribution tools - IBM Big Fix would be an advantage
- ITIL®v3 Foundation
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!