|Location: Swaffham, Norfolk||Salary: £42000 - £47500 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Systems Administrator needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised leading defence company who are working on an exciting project for the MoD starting January 2018!
Must HOLD or be eligible for DV (Developed Vetting) clearance
This is a 30-month fixed term contract working on a project for the RAF starting from January 2018.
Purpose of the Systems Administrator:
The System Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Some of the main duties the Systems Administrator will include:
- Updating systems and software consistent with the Patch Management Plan,
- Performing backup and recovery, and monitoring system performance.
- In case of a security incident, the System Administrator assists Security in investigating the incident, assessing system impacts, and restoring the system to normal operation.
- System Administrator will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, System/Software/User Maintenance.
What you need to be the successful Systems Administrator:
- Must be capable of obtaining a UK Developed Vetting Security Clearance
- Certified in Security+
- Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
- Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area
- Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet
- Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc)
- Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
- Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
- Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
- Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager)
- Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape
- Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
- Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2012 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
- Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
- System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
- Software Maintenance - applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator to work for a very exciting project on behalf of the RAF.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.