|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £400 - £430 per day|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Systems Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Aerospace organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Integration and Verification or Validation Engineer.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a payrate of up to £430 per day.
What the role entails:
An engineer with a strong background in the integration, verification and validation of military and communication capabilities.
Familiarity with the application of Systems Engineering within the Development Lifecycle and use of modern systems engineering tools is essential, along with the proven ability to deliver systems against customer requirements. Capable of and comfortable with working at all levels from hands-on integration and fault-finding through to generating Test Plans and Test Procedure and who has the required drive and energy to see programme deliveries to completion.
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
* Preparation and delivery of Requirements Reviews
* Able to capture traceable requirements within DOORS
* Evaluating and redesigning current systems against revised requirements
* Producing top level designs, detailed designs, specifications and supporting documents (ICDs, subcontractor SOW) during the design phase
* Able to perform complex integration and test of systems and subsystems
* Consideration for maintaining configuration management during system upgrades
* Familiar with integrating commercial equipment into a harsh military environment
* Aware of system of systems concepts and interoperability
* Early identification of risks, determine and perform mitigating actions
* Ability to integrate in-house developments with COTS products
* Extensive experience of configuration and fault-finding applications onto multiple Operating System
* Perform system integration activities at both software and hardware levels
* Derive comprehensive Verification and Validation Test Plans/Cases/Procedures with traceability to requirements
* Provide direction to other engineers with the team in order to progress and deliver against Integration and Test Activities
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Fault finding of software, networks and hardware, using software tools and lab equipment.
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering role, familiar with both the traditional systems engineering lifecycle as well as Agile frameworks.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
* Computer literate and familiar with using normal business and engineering software applications packages.
* Experience of working with Atlassian toolset (i.e. Confluence, JIRA) as well as Product Data Management/Configuration Software
* Industry experience in the design, development and fielding of ISTAR & Communication capabilities.
* Experience in Military Radio communication systems
* Experience with mathematics related to navigation and geo-referencing
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!