|Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester||Salary: £60000 - £85000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
A Systems Engineer / Systems Architect needed for a world renown defence and cyber security organisation based in Manchester. Our client is looking to employ a Systems Engineer / Systems Architect with an in-depth knowledge of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle, specifically, systems design, systems development, systems test and integration of quality software.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 day's holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
- Non-contractual annual bonus based on company targets
- Pension Plan
- Car allowance
- Flexible working
- Subsidised canteen and gym on site
- Life assurance
- + many more
Our client is growing their Software Development team in Manchester with creative and ambitious Systems Engineers. The successful candidates will have a primary focus on End to End Technical Leadership, the role will encompass the whole lifecycle of the software and involve stakeholders at various levels. You will be responsible for agreeing the architectural runway for the development teams and ensuring this meets the customers needs.
The main duties of the Systems Engineer will include but are not limited to:
You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business. You will work with multiple scrum teams and ensure end to end consistency and success.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Be educated to Degree level
- Have in-depth Systems Engineering Lifecycle experience
- High-level communication skills
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Has experience of designing innovative software solution
- Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
And it would be desirable if you possessed the following:
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki's
- Exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience with Nifi
- Technical exposure of Messaging Technologies
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!