|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £32000 - £42000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Gold Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our client in Bristol.
Our client is looking for a degree qualified engineer (or equivalent) to join a growing systems engineering team.
Please note some domestic and occasional overseas travel may be required. Training and development will be available.
Salary on offer is up to £32k to £42k per annum DOE + some amazing benefits:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Private Medical Insurance (Pmi)
- Income Protection
- 25 Days Holiday Per Year
- 26 Days After 3 years' Service
- 27 Days After 5 years' Service
- Sick Pay Entitlement - 15 Days
- Child Care Vouchers
- Personal Achievement Training
- Eye Tests
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support in the management of system level requirements;
- Support in the management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
- Knowledge of system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
- Aid in the development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements.
- Support the technical query and engineering change management process;
- To assist in reviewing engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures.
- Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
Desirable but not essential skills/responsibilities:
- Knowledge of SysML (Systems Modelling Language);
- Knowledge of MODAF and DODAF architectures;
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
- To assist in the production of system and equipment specifications;
- To assist in the production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses;
- To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders
- Provide technical representation for the company to customers and suppliers and deputise for the technical manager on occasions;
- To "fill gaps" in the engineering team by quickly understanding wider engineering areas (outside of specialism) to support design and understand engineering strategies - EMC, Safety, ILS, etc.;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity;
- Understands the characteristics of good quality requirements, elicitation methods and tools;
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge of Systems Design methodologies;
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making;
- Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Good PC skills (Experience with DOORS, System Architect and Rhapsody would be beneficial although not essential);
- Knowledge of marine systems engineering would be beneficial but not essential.