|Location: Sydney, New South Wales||Salary: £50000 - £85000 per annum + Relocation and Benefits|
|Sector: Safety, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Systems Engineers / Senior Systems Engineers (Rail industry)
Sydney, Melbourne OR Brisbane.
$90,000 - $150,000 + Relocation and excellent career prospects.
These Systems Engineer roles will see you manage a portfolio of clients and assists with larger consulting projects by delivering high quality and profitable consulting services in the field of systems engineering and assurance. These are primarily within the rail industry within Australia and the wider Asia Pacific Region.
These positions are with a Systems Engineering and Management Consultancy working in the transportation and other safety-critical systems sectors. They specialise in the integration of systems and software engineering methodologies.
The Systems Engineer / Senior Consultant will have significant experience in Systems Engineering practice applied to complex, safety-critical systems, particularly in the rail domain.
You will be required to develop and deliver services using advanced systems engineering practices, and be highly experienced in one or more core systems engineering competency areas.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of projects to clients within the related designated practice.
You will exercise a high degree of independence in your approach, originality, ingenuity and judgement in formulating solutions or resolving complex systems engineering issues. Your work will be accurate and authoritative, requiring little supervision to achieve a successful outcome for our clients.
Duties / Experience:
- Documents user, business, system and design requirements, options analysis and decisions made in progressing to recommended solutions.
- Develops systems engineering, requirements management, V&V and configuration management plans and any supporting processes and documents.
- Implements and co-ordinates requirements management, traceability and change control management
- Coordinates technical reviews.
- Degree in Electrical/ Electro-mechanical Engineering, or Electronics or Communication, or similar technical discipline.
- Proven experience of systems engineering consulting, with a proven track record of customer focus, including the ability to foster long-term client relationships
- Experience interpreting and applying relevant standards in engineering delivery projects (e.g., AREMA, CENELEC, ISO/IEC, IEEE).
- Experience leading or guiding multiple/ large project teams on system scope and technical processes.
- Experience with the use of DOORS or other requirements management tools
- Experience in the rail industry or other transportation industry
- Advanced communication skills, including business writing
- Experience in engineering of Mainline or Mass transit systems involving train control, signaling, SCADA or communication deliveries in Railway projects
- Working experience across the full systems engineering lifecycle, from requirements definition through to commissioning of safety critical and high reliability systems