|Location: Dorset||Salary: £40 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Liberty Hussey|
Systems engineer - 6 month contract
Systems engineer needed for a leading defence organisation based in Wimbourne who are looking to employ an experienced systems engineer with extensive experience witht the full systesm lifecycle.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the systems engineer will include:
* Responsible for supporting the safety/systems engineering aspects of projects.
* Responsible for drafting and estimating the systems engineering aspects of bid work.
* Responsible for applying appropriate systems engineering practice on projects.
* Responsible for supporting representations of project systems engineering to the project customer community.
* Supporting the engineering team to provide the best solutions for the customer base.
* Produce concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and associated documentation as required to meet the specific needs of the project.
* Support the safety/systems technical authority in the business area for the proposed solutions and be prepared to justify safety/systems solutions to senior management, the customer and ultimately the regulator, the Health and Safety Executives Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
* The review and verification of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety/ systems, functionality and compliance with ONR Safety Assessment Principles (SAPs).
* Supporting the delivery of safety/system solutions to the customer to the right quality on time and to agreed costs.
* To provide technical support to project managers on systems engineering issues.
* To provide systems engineering subject matter expertise to represent the business with customers, suppliers and other industry groups, including presenting work and concepts in appropriate public forums.
* To ensure all work in this area is carried out ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry.
What you need to be the successful systems engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Degree qualified engineer, preferably in electrical/electronic engineering or IT/computer systems.
* Chartered Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
* Experience of safety/systems engineering or design and in a safety regulated industry.
* Knowledge of safety system design in accordance with IEC 61508 or similar safety standards (IEC 61513, IEC 61226).
* Good knowledge of systems engineering processes, standards and methodologies (e.g., IEC 15288, UML).
* Good knowledge of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, EA, Teamwork.
Must currently hold Security Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a systems engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.