|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Systems Engineer required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Greenford area.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer:
- Responsible for design and development tasks that require accuracy, creativity and initiative.
- Use standard engineering methods and techniques to solve complex problems; selects appropriate tools or methods for the task in hand.
- Generally works on a single project, but self-prioritises tasks to meet project deadlines.
- May have (limited) exposure to customer or other external bodies.
- Considers cost as a factor in determining the solution; adapts technical designs/proposals accordingly; delivers to meet cost and schedule constraints.
- Does not require close supervision; can work to written or detailed oral instructions.
- Ensure work is of an appropriate standard by seeking support and review as needed.
- Produce clear and well-written specifications, reports and proposals.
- Suggests improvements to ways of working to aid efficiency.
- Provide guidance to less experienced engineers and regularly review the work of others.
Requirements (Skill set) for the Hardware Engineer include:
- Ability to extract relevant data from UUT technical information to enable the design of test jigs and equipment.
- Proficiency in electronics circuit design including schematic capture and PCB layout and/or mechanical design including experience with Visio or other drawing/CAD package.
- Fully proficient in the conduct of testing of a number of types of electronic equipment, able to modify test procedures where appropriate and demonstrate compliance with customer witnesses.
- Ability to programme automatic test equipment for development testing use using LabVIEW, C++ or similar.
- Proficient in taking system requirements and Use cases and creating test procedures to allow the conduct of verification testing.
- Extensive knowledge of digital and analogue test equipment to allow to conduct tests on electronic equipment.
- Proficiency in producing verification matrices and test reports including detailed results analysis and interpretation.
- Experience of Environmental, EMC and TEMPEST qualification testing.
The Systems Engineer will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.