|Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire||Salary: Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Rail & Infrastructure, Engineering, Security and Compliance||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Systems Engineer (Autonomous)
Derby / Stoke / Loughborough area.
In this role you will work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to deliver innovative autonomous solutions to clients' real life engineering problems. These tasks vary from feasibility studies to collaboration with internationally recognised equipment manufacturers to demonstrate air, ground and marine autonomous system deployment in representative demonstration environments.
The current project portfolio covers the development of platform autonomy and intelligent mission management to maximise platform capabilities.
This company is developing game changing capabilities through the intelligent application of autonomy technologies across multiple markets and domains. By focussing on the end user need and the practicalities of exploiting autonomous systems technologies, they cut through the hype and deliver concepts and systems with the potential to make a real difference in the world.
This creates exciting opportunities for the right candidate to help to drive future direction and progress your career in the autonomous systems field.
We're looking for candidates who can make a real impact on projects through the innovative application of your technical skills. Ideally you will have a background in engineering, mathematics or physics but we're happy to consider different backgrounds if you can demonstrate aptitude or experience and provide an interesting perspective on the challenges of autonomous systems engineering.
Alongside the technical aspects of the role, effective communication is also key as we collaborate widely internally, with partners and with a diverse customer base. The role will involve working in office, laboratory and field trials environments depending on the needs of projects. Candidates will also have the opportunity to apply and develop leadership, project management and business development skills.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
- Experience in Autonomous Systems or Robotics in the land, air, sea or space domains
- Experience in the application of AI / Machine Learning
- Knowledge of a relevant programming language e.g. C, C++ or Python
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all of the following additional requirements:
- System and software development lifecycles e.g. Agile, V-model
- Artificial intelligence and autonomy frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, ROS)
- Algorithm development for relevant tasks (e.g. perception, planning, pathfinding)
- GPU compute technologies (e.g. OpenCL, CUDA)
- System integration and test
- Sensor processing and integration (e.g. LIDAR, cameras, RADAR)
- Project management
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.