|Location: Gloucester||Salary: £60 - £65 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 12 days ago|
6 Month Contract
£60 - £65 per hour
Gloucester + Remote Working
Systems Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Gloucester who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work with in-depth systems lifecycle and systems integration experience.
The successful Systems Engineer would desirably have a relevant degree and like-for-like hands-on experience within a large scale defence/military organisation.
This role will have you dealing closely with the clients' suppliers where you will acquire an in-depth knowledge of each product and work collaboratively with the supplier to resolve any issues that arise during design, development and delivery. You will also be responsible for writing sub-system requirement specifications, developing a Statement of Work (SoW) and act as a design authority for the supplier's product within the client's team.
This role requires current active UK SC Clearance. Due to the urgent nature of the role, candidates without the appropriate clearance level are unable to be considered.
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
- General familiarity with Radio Frequency concepts, technologies, and products, including software defined radios. A basic level of knowledge of the RF domain coupled with a demonstrable desire to further develop RF skills and experience would also be acceptable.
- Technical confidence in a supplier facing role, and an ability to understand supplier offerings and how they align with broader programme requirements.
- An ability to build a strong technical working relationships, and the ability to collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve cost, schedule, or technical issues.
- An ability to capture clear, specific, and testable subsystem requirements and interface documents to support the development and acceptance of solutions that integrate with a larger system of systems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with one or more of: military communications networks, military vehicle integration, or the Electronic Warfare, Force Protection, or Cyber domains.
- Experience with system modelling toolsets and methodologies, e.g. SPARX Enterprise Architect, UML, SysML, and TOGAF.
- Experience of the capture process, including contributing to the development of bids and proposals
- Experience of solution test, acceptance, and transition to operations, including the management and resolution of defects
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.