|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bournemouth. They're looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the provision of full solution life-cycle Systems Engineering support to assigned system/product activities, particularly in relation to bids/proposals, requirements management and planning/execution of system verification.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
- 24 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Free Flu Jab
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Supporting the safety/systems engineering aspects of projects.
- Drafting and estimating the systems engineering aspects of bid work.
- Applying appropriate systems engineering practice on projects.
- Generating and maintaining high quality systems documentation and gaining formal review approval for release.
- Use of systems engineering tools for requirements management, design modelling etc.
- Supporting representations of project systems engineering to the project or customer community.
- Advising or mentoring less-experienced team members, on systems engineering matters.
- Supporting other engineering or related disciplines as required, e.g. design, production or test.
- Contribution to ongoing development and improvement of engineering/business processes.
- Any other relevant duties as and when required.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree (or equivalent) qualified engineer, preferably in electrical/electronic engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
- Experience of safety/systems engineering or design and in a safety regulated industry.
- Knowledge of safety system design in accordance with IEC 61508 or similar safety standards (IEC 61513, IEC 61226).
- Good knowledge of systems engineering processes, standards and methodologies (e.g., IEC 15288, UML).
- Good knowledge of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, EA, Teamwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and business disciplines within industry.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the ONR SAPs and TAGs would be an advantage.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.