|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Discussed on application|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Rosie Gillies|
TO APPLY TO THIS JOB YOU MUST BE ELIGABLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE. THIS MEANS YOU MUST BE A BRITISH CITIZEN AND ONLY HOLD A BRITISH PASSPORT AND NOT LEFT THE COUNTRY FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS
Systems Engineer needed for a leading defence organisation based in Loudwater who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the full lifecycle.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 24 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Free Flu Jab
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
- Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation
- Conducting System Engineering using the outputs of the various engineering teams
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan and Test Specifications.
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
- Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical requirements and project constraints (e.g. cost)
- Deriving, defining and documenting:
- System Acceptance Test Specifications,
- System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
- Attending training and becoming suitably qualified and experienced to operate equipment independently
- Adhering to all safety work instructions
- Assisting engineers with engineering testing
- Conducting integration testing
- Conducting system testing
- Conducting formal testing in conjunction with QA team
- Providing adequate descriptions and recording of defects such that they can be investigated by other engineers
- Supporting fault investigation
- Supporting the engineering teams as required
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software
- Assist with writing the project System Requirements Specifications
- Assist with developing and documenting the System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of systems design, integration & test.
- An understanding of Systems from concept through to delivery.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies , processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Experience of Systems Engineering in the defence industry or other relevant environment.
- Experience of the use of Systems Engineering tools.
- Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle.
- Experience of conducting engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.