|Location: Salisbury||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Aerospace Systems Engineer
Aerospace Systems Engineers needed for a leading defence and aerospace organisation based in the Salisbury area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Aerospace Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Aerospace Systems Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with specification, design and implementation of complex systems solutions within an aerospace engineering environment.
If you have a background dealing with helicopter systems (ideally military) and associated software/electronics that would be highly desirable!
One of our client's main bases of operations is in the Salisbury, Wiltshire area, however there is the potential option to consider candidates based out of the following locations with travel required to the main hub when required:
What the role of the Aerospace Systems Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Aerospace Systems Engineer will include:
- Assisting with the day-to-day leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs that meet the customer's requirements.
- Ensuring that Systems Engineering gains and retains a 'world class' standard through continuous improvement.
- Working as a key member of the Systems/Project Engineering team.
- Ensuring delivery of integrated activities to contracted time, cost and quality.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs across all platform tasks.
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements.
- Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements.
- Assisting with the coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g.. Evaluation & Test Strategy) and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids.
- Assisting with the production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project life cycle.
- Assisting with the identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them.
- Compliance with business processes and engineering governance.
What experience you need to be the successful Aerospace Systems Engineer:
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Aerospace Engineering Background.
- Technical experience throughout the air vehicle life cycle
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions
- Sound knowledge of technical governance
- Sound knowledge of the MoD customer and MOD Procurement process
- Knowledge of aircraft certification
- Knowledge of RA1220
- Knowledge of MAA RA1220
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Aerospace Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.