|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £48000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Systems Engineer - Communications
Systems Engineer - Communications needed for a leading Defence company based in Bedfordshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer who has knowledge and experience of Communication systems, they are also looking for someone with experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain, someone who understands the impact of the comms systems on overall system behaviour and performance and someone who can understand and manage security aspects of the communications design/solutions. Ideally, they are looking for someone who has experience within the Defence industry.
What the Systems Engineer - Communications entails:
This role requires high calibre and proven individuals with focused skills and experience in order to design, integrate and deliver real systems. The successful applicants will operate at the core of this expanding team driving technical direction and developing junior staff. These are challenging senior roles requiring talented individuals who will be correspondingly rewarded.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer - Communications:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer - Communications and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating tactical/strategic RF data & voice communications networks into Land-based Command & Control systems
Knowledge and experience of Communication systems in order to be able to:
- Work with potential Communication System suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products
- Understand the impact of the comms system(s) on overall system behavior and performance
- Technically review and challenge comms suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Understand nuances of comms system limitations and behaviors at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies on comms options.
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for a Communications system.
- Understand and manage security aspects of the communications design/solution
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Battlefield Management C4i Systems
- Battlefield Communications Systems & Networks
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer - Communications to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Systems Engineer - Communications role, you need to be eligible for SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.