|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £48000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Systems Engineer (Radar) to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Mission Support team is embarking on new contract opportunities in Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) and Battlefield Management Systems, as well as undertaking additional R&D activities into a new product stream. This significant amount of work will require several experienced systems engineers to join the team to work across the entire spectrum of systems engineering activities. The key areas for work will include requirements and systems analysis, trade studies and system safety analysis.
- Work with potential Radar suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products
- Understand the impact of the radar system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance
- Technically review and challenge radar suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Understand nuances of radar limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies on radar options.
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for a Radar system.
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Battlefield Management C4i Systems
- Radar Integration
- Kill Chain Analysis
- Airspace Management
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!