|Location: Warrington, Cheshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Systems Engineer - Requirements
Warrington, Plymouth, Burton-on-trent, Bristol
Working in project teams within our engineering consultancy business or as an integral part of our clients' project teams; you will undertake a broad range of Systems Engineering related activities with a particular focus on:
- Requirements development and management
- Systems validation and verification planning and assessment
The projects you will be working on will embrace a wide range of market areas including defence, aerospace, rail, marine, power and energy and industrial sectors.
You will be challenged with a wide range of career and technical opportunities, with the opportunity to play a key role in some of the UK's most high profile projects and you will have the ability and the support to develop your career to its full potential.
A Systems Engineer with a good degree (upper second or above) and the ability to demonstrable relevant work experience, with demonstrable experience of applying your skills. You will have a fundamental understanding of the Systems Engineering process as well as experience of applying these skills within a complex technical environment.
Demonstrable strong knowledge and application of contemporary Systems Engineering practices and methods, including:
- Good understanding of all aspects of the V lifecycle, User Requirements, System Requirements, interface management and verification & validation
- Evidence of experience in elicitation and management of User and System Requirements, and associated V&V, within complex engineering projects
- Model Based Systems Engineering techniques in support of requirements development
- An understanding of architecture modelling techniques, such as MODAF, would be an advantage
Demonstrating the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets is essential, as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
You must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and have experience of direct client liaison. Previous exposure to a consultancy environment would be an advantage, but strong commercial understanding is essential.