|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Technology, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charles Beecroft|
Systems Engineer - Satellite Communications
Systems Engineer needed asap for our client. You much have experience working within the Communications and ideally the Space Sector with knowledge of Satellite Communications
My client is a leading provider of satellite data communications services throughout the world covering over one billion people and are looking for a Senior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer
Why you SHOULD apply for this exciting Systems Engineer role
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client because they will invest in you and give you a wealth of benefits:
- Salary is extremely competitive
- Private Medical Scheme
- Child care and eye care vouchers
- Up to 10% discretionary bonus
- Automatically enrolled onto our pension scheme
- Season loan ticket
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
As Systems Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking communications systems engineering tasks to support the company's operational and pre-sales activities; analysis and service performance for all of the satellite fleet, and overall engineering of end-to-end satellite systems.
Systems Engineer Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Designing new systems/ equipment and sizing for Ground Segment Engineering
- Communications Payload Engineering and software toolset;
- Transmission planning;
- Signal performance maintainability, incident management and troubleshooting.
- You will provide technical consultancy services to Sales and Pre-Sales
- Design and implementation of control systems to monitor and enhance operational efficiency;
- Development of specifications for operational needs and procurement of adequate design and analysis toolkits for modelling and simulation of end-to-end system performance;
- Assist in the development of new products and services and be able to outline their architectural implementation and support trials.
Systems Engineer Skills and Qualifications required:
- Degree qualified or equivalent a related field
- Experience in satellite communications systems engineering with knowledge in payload engineering and commanding within the aerospace industry including RF systems design, digital communications, air interface communications standards
- Expertise in link budgeting;
- Experience developing systems documentation, test plans and procedures, and operational procedures;
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems - satellite and ground based.
- Good knowledge of MATLAB, Visual Basic, and Java programming environments;
- Satellite manufacturer and/or ground segment system engineering experience
Please note for the Systems Engineer the role requires you to be Security Cleared or Clearable
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.