|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £48000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks
Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks needed for a leading Defence company based in Bedfordshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer who has knowledge and experience of Tactical Datalinks, they are also looking for someone with experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain, someone who understands the impact of the TDL systems on overall system behaviour and performance and someone who can technically review and challenge TDL suppliers on their products, reports and observed performances. Ideally, they are looking for someone who has experience within the Defence industry.
What the Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks entails:
This role requires high calibre and proven individuals with focused skills and experience in order to design, integrate and deliver real systems. The successful applicants will operate at the core of this expanding team driving technical direction and developing junior staff. These are challenging senior roles requiring talented individuals who will be correspondingly rewarded.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Tactical Datalinks into Land-based Command & Control systems
Knowledge and experience of Tactical Datalink Processing systems in order to be able to:
- Work with potential TDL suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the TDL system(s) on overall system behavior and performance
- Technically review and challenge TDL suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on TDL developments and relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
- Understand nuances of TDL system limitations and behaviors at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies on TDL processing options.
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Tactical Datalink Processing.
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- You must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Link 16 / JREAP
- Link 11 / Link 22
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Systems Engineer - Tactical Datalinks, you need to be eligible for SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.