|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £48000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Systems Engineer (Tactical Datalinks) to join them at their Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Mission Support team is embarking on new contract opportunities in Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) and Battlefield Management Systems, as well as undertaking additional R&D activities into a new product stream. This significant amount of work will require several experienced systems engineers to join the team to work across the entire spectrum of systems engineering activities. The key areas for work will include requirements and systems analysis, trade studies and system safety analysis.
- Work with potential TDL suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the TDL system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance
- Technically review and challenge TDL suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on TDL developments and relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
- Understand nuances of TDL system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies on TDL processing options.
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Tactcial Datalink Processing.
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Link 16 / JREAP
- Link 11 / Link 22
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!