|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Daniel Bowles|
Systems Engineer (Team Leader)
Systems Engineer needed for a Leading Defence organisation based in Loudwater who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer.
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Dental plan
* Health screening
* Critical illness
* Holiday flexibility
* Retail vouchers
* Childcare vouchers
* Salary Sacrifice for Cars scheme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
* Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
* Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation
* Conducting System Engineering using the outputs of the various engineering teams
* Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software
* Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan and Test Specifications.
* Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
* Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical requirements and project constraints (e.g. cost)
* Deriving, defining and documenting:
a. System Acceptance Test Specifications,
b. System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
* Assist with writing the project System Requirements Specifications
* Assist with developing and documenting the System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications
* Supporting fault investigation
* Supporting the safety verification process as required
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science)
* Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
* Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes and tools
* Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
* Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
* Experience of Systems Engineering in the defence industry or other relevant environment.
* Experience of the use of Systems Engineering tools.
* Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle.
* Experience of conducting engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes
* Professional Registration (eg MIET)
* Knowledge of fundamental project management practices (e.g. Planning estimating, risk management).
* Knowledge of electronic systems used in the defence industry (e.g. Radar, communication, weapon, fire control, decoy, surveillance).
* Experience of Airborne C2 tactical data links (Link 11/Link 16).
* Experience of working with military Systems preferably in the Naval/Marine Domain.
* Experience of the DOORS requirements management tool.
* Experience of software development, including scripting for test tools.
* Experience of networking standards and LAN switch configuration.
* Experience of planning and conducting all levels of integration and unit testing
* Use of Matlab & Simulink.
******Must be eligible for Security Clearance******
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.