|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Systems Engineer (Test and Verification)
Systems Engineer (Test & Verification) needed for a leading electronics defence & aerospace organisation based in Wimborne, Dorset. My client is looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer (Test & Verification) with an in-depth knowledge of safety standards (BS, EN 61508 or similar), safety system processes (ISO/IEC 15288, UML, MoDAF) and system engineering tools (DOORS, EA, or Teamwork).
The successful Systems Engineer (Test & Verification) will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: Competitive (to be discussed at application stage)
* 25 day's holiday
* Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Flexible working (plus early finish Fridays)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer (Test & Verification) will include:
* Under the direction of the relevant System Design Authority/Technical Lead, proactively lead the test and verification activities in support of systems projects.
* Participate in bid/proposal activities to provide advice on test and verification tasks along with associated effort and cost estimates.
* Maintain records of all test and verification activities, generating formal documentation and/or status reports as required.
* Liaison with third party test houses for specialised testing
* Work closely with system/software designers to develop appropriate plans and procedures for system functional testing and requirements verification.
* Plan and oversee/execute all test activities related to system verification, including third party' testing, in-house/factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing and, where appropriate, installation and commissioning.
* Execution of factory and site acceptance testing and generation of reports
* Continuously review the effectiveness of processes and procedures associated with test
and verification activities and make recommendations for improvement in their definition, use, training etc.
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer (Test & Verification) and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience of systems design, integration & test.
* Good knowledge of relevant aspects of safety system test and verification in accordance with BS EN 61508 or similar safety standards.
* Good knowledge of systems engineering processes and standards (UML, MoDAF, ISO/IEC 15288).
* Good knowledge of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, EA, Teamwork.
* Ability to work with multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions.
* Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
* A knowledge of automated test tools and methodologies
* 5+ years' experience in planning and execution of test and verification activities in a safety regulated industry.
* Degree/HNC qualified engineer preferably in electrical or electronic engineering
Desirable but not essential:
* A knowledge of NI LabVIEW would be an advantage but not essential
* Chartered Engineer with membership of a relevant institution would be an advantage.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer (Test & Verification) to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.