|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Systems Engineer - Test & Qualification
My client, a globally recognised aerospace company, are recruiting a Systems Engineer - Test and Qualification, to join one of their largest business units.
The Systems Engineer - Test and Qualification will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes.
This role is ideally suited to someone with experience working within the Aerospace industry or a similarly regulated engineering industry and who has a willingness to learn and develop their career as a Senior Engineer.
The position is based in Dorset.
- Competitve pension
- Health and dental care
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- Flexible working
- Early finish Friday
- & many more!
As a Systems Engineer - Test and Qualification your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Relevant degree or a recognised engineering apprenticeship and HNC/HND.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience with proven career development towards a senior role.
- Proven experience in defining qualification plans and reviewing/approving technical documents.
- Experience of managing small engineering teams or leading projects.
- Experience of development engineering activities and engineering life cycle management.
- Experience defining and commissioning test setups and performing environmental and functional testing at component and system levels.
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc.).
As a Systems Engineer - Test and Qualification your main responsibilities will involve;
- Leading a small team of development and test engineers.
- Assessing and managing team resource requirements, co-ordinating CV reviews and interviews.
- Weekly management of team task allocations, providing regular status reports to Senior Management.
- Review and approval of technical documentation produced by team.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategies and activities.
- Compilation of test procedures, reports, analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Creation of verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system levels to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including the control of hardware, support equipment, transportation, resource, test cost and schedules.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.